Monday, October 6, 2008

Disney Land

Robbie and Daniel had the time of their lives this week as they visited Disneyland for the first time. They also got to share their experience with some of their cousins, a definite extra bonus.

DisneyLand 005 copy2

This a picture of Robbie, Daniel, and Alex. On our way into FantasyLand, we all were the lucky winners of free mickey hats.

DisneyLand 044 copy

Here are Daniel and I waiting in line for the Finding Nemo ride, one of our favorites. We waited with my brother Rob, as the rest of the families were on another ride that was a little too scary for Daniel and I. (I admit, I'm a wimp.) So, we wanted to go on this one, and the line was really long, so we had a nice chat while waiting for the rest of the group, and getting closer to the goal at the same time.

DisneyLand 050 copy

This is also waiting in that same line, after the rest of the group showed up.

DisneyLand 057

Inside the submarine.

DisneyLand 020

DisneyLand 004 copy

Rob, Robbie, Alex, Shila, and Amanda, waiting in the sword store while the rest of the group catches up.

DisneyLand 115 copy

I didn't even realize they were licking this big ball, until I snapped the picture. Eww, just because there is water on it, to make it turnable, doesn't mean it's a drinking fountain.

DisneyLand 211 copy

Sitting in front of the Mickey water fountain.

DisneyLand 189

The theme right now is 'Halloween Time' so, naturally, there is a big pumpkin in Toon Town.

DisneyLand 206

After being there all day and never meeting a Disney Character, we were very pleasantly surprised to see Mickey Mouse in his house, just five minutes before closing time. The boys just ran over and gave him a hug. It was so cute.

A little more about our experience.

Daniel was scared to death of the snake that came out of the 3d movie.

Our favorite rides were FInding Nemo, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Tiki Room.

Daniel had to go to the bathroom when we were stuck on the huge riverboat. When we got off, we ran to the nearest restroom in the nick of time.

During the parade, Timone wanted the boys to give him five. When it was Daniel's turn, instead of giving him five, he grabbed his big finger and pulled. I was embarrassed. Everyone else thought it was funny.

Robbie surprisingly loved the small roller coaster. It is really fast and scary. I wouldn't get on it, and when Daniel got off, he said it was too 'shaky'. I think he was pretty scared. Robbie just wanted more, and he got it. Most everyone was gone by then, and they rode that one over and over.

We made pretty good time, going on 16 different rides in only 8 1/2 hours. Most of the rides were for little kids, but the lines were still a little long. I hate to think what it's like during the summer.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time!

To PRINT a picture, just click on the picture and a full size version will appear. Then, right click on it, and save to your computer.