Saturday, February 27, 2010
Daniel's Birthday
Daniel's birthday was a success this year. He is very easy to please. He saw a picture of my wedding cake and wanted it to look like that, with the columns and all, so I compromised and made an upper deck out of legos. I also made the cake out of real unprocessed sugar and whole wheat flour. The kids loved it, Rob seemed to like it fine, but it seemed way to sweet to me, which didn't really make sense. Oh well. Anyway, I colored it orange because that is Daniel's favorite color of the last few months. He also got four dead goldfish. I was sure he'd have a break down once he realized they were dead, but he was thrilled to be able to buy more and pick them out himself. He even told me, "thank you for the fish tank and dead fish". It was pretty funny. (I didn't know you're supposed to condition the tank, so the fish died in two hours, before his party - and yes, the tank is a little girly. It was on sale, otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten it.) He also got a beanie baby ginger bread man, he's really into gingerbread men from before Christmas, his class did a huge section on them. And, a little beanie ducky. That was to replace the one he loved to death earlier this year. His cousin gave him a sticker book, which also thrilled him. He pulls it out often to work on the sticker projects. BTW - two of the new fish died today. I'll have to do some research on how to keep them alive. Daniel and Robbie wanted to buy some of the nicer fish, but I told them we'd wait to see if we could keep the cheap ones alive. The tank is kept in their bedroom, and, surprisingly, has been o.k. thus far. I keep the door locked while they are at school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To PRINT a picture, just click on the picture and a full size version will appear. Then, right click on it, and save to your computer.
3 comments:
Fun! You should talk to Charles about how to keep fish alive. He is pretty much a fish genius.
Awesome cake and what a great present idea...fish! Good luck with them!
You are awesome, Nat. Way to go!
Post a Comment