Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Eventful Day


Yesterday was a pretty eventful day.  I've been feeling a lot better the last couple of days, sickness wise (in other words, I think this cold is finally gone) so I decided to start work on my bathroom.  It had a huge border along the ceiling that made it feel cluttery, and the paint is peeling, so, I'm basically getting it prepped to be painted.  I did that all morning, as well as planted a few vegetables in my makeshift garden, and then took my usual nap, heading into afternoon.  I didn't feel too horrible after nap, so I made some yummy potato soup, that all enjoyed except Daniel.  He, by the way, came home sporting his new 'first' loose tooth.  He was so excited, especially that the tooth fairy was going to pay him for it when it came out.  They have a school store which he has been frequenting with all his money.  Well, he actually pulled the tooth out himself, before dinner.  I was pretty amazed.

So, back to dinner.  I didn't really get to enjoy it much, because, right before dinner, I started getting a pain in my right side that was extremely uncomfortable, and worrisome.  I tried laying down, stretching, etc. to relieve it, but it just got worse.  I ended up going to the ER (don't freak out, no worries) and they said they thought it sounded like a kidney stone.  They gave me pain killer (first gave me pain, by putting an IV in, ugh!) and then I waited and waited and waited.  I eventually got an ultrasound, which showed that I was perfectly fine.  Well, I did have some extra fluid around my kidney, but they said that that could be a normal pregnant thing.  Anyway, they said that they really couldn't do much else until it 'manifested' what was going on, and that it could be something as simple as a pinched nerve.  Hmm.  I really didn't think a pinched nerve could cause that much pain, but they said it could, so I decided to go with that.  I did have a horrible knot in my back, near my backbone, so I massaged that as much as I could, and laid on a hot rice bag for a while.  Neither of those seemed to help, so I tried stretching again, and was able to find a position that lessened the pain.  I slept in that stretched position for a few hours, and woke up with no pain.  I was very weak from not eating, but my babysitter had spent the night, in case I had to go back, so she stuck around while I took another nap after breakfast.  So, as of now, I feel great, but I'm taking it easy.  I'm glad that I found out that I didn't have kidney stones, or an infection, because I have been worried about that a lot.  Now I don't have to worry.  So, I'm pretty positive its the nerve thing.  I can usually find a knot when my kidney area starts hurting, and massaging it usually helps.  Well, I guess I just really knotted it this time, Rob says probably from all the bending while working in the bathroom.  It makes sense now, and my muscle that was knotted last night, is very sore today.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Doctor says to watch it, but isn't really worried. 

Now an update on Isaac.  He and Mary love to play house together, and he is constantly calling for mommy.  When I answer, he says, 'Not you Mommy.  Mary Mommy."  It's pretty cute.  Well, a couple of days ago, he started calling her, 'Natalie'.  How cute is that!  I think he picked it up from Robbie, who calls me Natalie in front of his friends, I guess to differentiate between their moms, who aren't around.  Not sure why he does that, but it sure was funny to hear Isaac calling Mary by my name. 

Mary still loves to run over and kiss my tummy, whenever I lounge on the couch. That's the only time I really show, so it reminds her and she gets excited. She is very excited to have a sister, and asked me where the baby was this morning, because she knew I went to the hospital. Poor kid, she has a long time to wait.



3 comments:

Nancy said...

That's really cute how Isaac calls Mary mommy. I hope you stay feeling better.

Alisha said...

So sorry about the pain! Been there! Matthew loved to hit that nerve! Your kids are defiantly cute!

Tiffanie and John said...

I get the same thing with my kids calling Maylie Mommy. When I answer they say the same thing. Ammon is the dad and Emmie is KID. Maylie goes around saying "Hey Kid." Kids are cute. Sorry about your pain. Hope it doesn't bother you anymore. Happy Mothers Day.

To PRINT a picture, just click on the picture and a full size version will appear. Then, right click on it, and save to your computer.