Yesterday was our big day. Not only was Sarah able to be blessed that day, Robbie was also able to get baptised and confirmed that afternoon.
Rob has meetings before church, so I was in fully in charge of making sure everyone was ready. I feared that Sarah would be hungry right before leaving, or have a major blowout all over her new dress. Luckily, my fears didn't come true. She was a true doll, peacefully sleeping during the whole blessing.
But, my worries weren't over yet. I still had a baptism to go through. It was suggested that I give a talk, but I knew I would be trying to shush children the whole time, and I was, so it's a good thing I didn't. There was only one blunder during the whole thing. Wish I could say it was a small one, but, well, it will definitely make this a memorable baptism for Robbie. There were a million kids in front of the font, so I wasn't able to see very well, but, the witnesses confirmed that he went all the way under, so they left to change. A minute later, Rob came back out. I thought that maybe he hadn't gone under, after all. Well, that wasn't it. Only Robbie caught it, but Rob had actually used his own name for the prayer, instead of Robbie's. Rob's Dad said he noticed, but just thought that he remembered wrong. Anyway, it was pretty funny. I was surprised that I didn't even catch it. We were all very nervous and anxious during the whole thing. Though, I think Robbie probably thought it was fun to be baptized twice.
4 comments:
So glad that the blessing and baptism went well! That is too funny about Robbie's baptism and the mix-up! Wish we could have been there and add even more kids to the front of the fount!
So fun! Amazing family you have. Miss you guys! Love the updates!!!
Oh, I love those photos! What a wonderful day!
Love the blog, and seeing these kids on such very special occasions! Congrats, Nat and Rob!
Post a Comment