Thursday, November 14, 2013

Second night

This was a Howard Johnson chain hotel.  I expected much more than I got.  When we entered the room, the air conditioner was set to 61 degrees.  It was FREEZING!!!  We turned it off and then I noticed there wasn't a real blanket on the bed.  Just sheets and that half foot blanket thing.  I took this picture to show the lady at the front desk.  She said that was normal, but she could get me some blankets.  Then we went swimming.  When we got back, the room was still frozen, so we turned on the heater.  We ended up running it all night, to counteract the a/c in the rooms next to us.  Funny thing is, this is the only hotel we've been to so far that even had heaters, and carpet.  I guess there are some perks to a chain hotel.

They called it a whirlpool, but we just figured it was a hot tub.  Nope, it was warm, but not hot, and, we swam around in circles and really got it going to where it would push us.  Then, it really was a whirlpool.  

No comments:

To PRINT a picture, just click on the picture and a full size version will appear. Then, right click on it, and save to your computer.