Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Water Color Splattering Class


This is the painting that I did in watercolor class tonight.  My mom has been inviting me to go, and, much to my surprise, I actually like it.  It's a little intimidating because it seems that all the women have some artistic background.  This is only my third painting, but I think I am doing pretty good.  I am getting slightly more brave at using darker colors.  That's the instructer's biggest complaint.  She says I need to go darker.  Well, I did go a little darker on the branches this time.  I have to admit, it is pretty foreign to me.  I've never watercolored before.  The last time I tried any artwork, was probably Middle School.  I never liked it before because I am too left brained.  Being a mom is teaching me to use my right brain.  Let me tell you, it's actually a relief.  Right brain people just go with the flow and have fun.  Left brain people get caught up in the nitty gritty details and whether things are going the way they should.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the picture.  (I didn't post my mom's cuz then you wouldn't appreciate mine as much.  Her's looks much better.)

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Awesome Nat! I am so impressed! I think that you must have talent!

Nancy said...

Wow!! That looks so good!! You have a hidden talent!

Chandra said...

I love LOVE love this!

Tiffanie and John said...

Wow Nat. That picture is really good. I don't think I could do a painting like that and I have taken art classes. Of course they weren't painting classes. Good job. Keep it up, then you can be in the art show with mom.

To PRINT a picture, just click on the picture and a full size version will appear. Then, right click on it, and save to your computer.