I'm sitting here in bed typing, because I'm too, um, lets say 'excited' or 'nervous' to sleep. I'm way overreacting, but adrenaline is pumping through my veins, rendering sleep impossible. Of course, Rob is sleeping soundly, no problem.
I woke up to use the bathroom. As I was returning to bed, I heard this low rumble, much like a semi going over a bridge, or thunder in the distance. Then my wobbly desk next to me started to shake and the contents of it rattled. The rumble didn't scare me, but the rattling, sounding much like when we had huge storms in our other house last year, freaked me out. I'm thinking, tornado, bombing, trees falling, .. who knows what! I called out to Rob, who probably would have slept through it, and started running to the door, frantically. He calmed me and told me it was probably just an earthquake. Just an Earthquake!!! Course, there was no sleeping until we found out. It didn't take too long for the earthquake to post on the internet, a 4.3 magnitude located 5 miles from us. Rob says a 4.3 isn't much, and we probably only felt it/heard it because it was so close. Ya, 5 miles is close. It was reported to have been felt up to 170 miles away, which probably isn't much, especially compared to the 5.2 earthquake 2 1/2 years ago that we didn't feel because we were asleep. Although I didn't feel any shaking, or notice it because being in a trailer house, shaking occurs when people drive by, I'm sure I would have woken to the noise, as I am a light sleeper and very paranoid. I wake up when the kids roll over in their beds, across the house. Ya, it's pretty bad. I'm only up writing this because I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep for a while, so I might as well get it all down. So, I hope you enjoyed my little midnight ramblings. Good night, and Good day.
3 comments:
How scary! I would probably have a hard time sleeping as well!
Cool. Were you here when we felt an earthquake and the lights shook and the piano? Douglas came upstairs asking who went down there and shook his bed. That was cool. I think the earthquake was in Montana or something but we felt it.
Crazy!! I have never felt an earthquake. We used to go to California a lot when I was a kid, and everytime we left there would be an earthquake the next day. As a kid I always was disappointed that we were never there. But now I am not sure if I would want to be in an earthquake. Maybe just a little one like the one you experienced last night... I'm glad it was a just a little one and no one is hurt.
Post a Comment