Word is out! My parents are expecting five new grandchildren this year. Wow! That's quite a lot. And yes, you guessed it, I am one of the contributors. No, I'm not having twins. There are actually five different people who are pregnant. Two are due soon, meaning in the next few months, and, surprisingly, the other three of us are due in the same month. Depending on which website I look at, I am due on the same day as my sister-in-law, Rebecca. Susan is due before us, but between our habits of going early, and her habit of going late, we could all have them on the same day.
So, now for the particulars. About a week before I would find out, I suspected I might be pregnant because of my unusual pregnancy signs. One night, I woke up three times to find that my arm had fallen completely asleep. It was numb and hard to move. I guess with the increased blood flow of pregnancy, some how it makes it easier to cut off my circulation. I cannot sleep with my arms on my stomach. This is something that I had noticed during other pregnancies, so, to me, it was a dead giveaway. The other thing is that when I sneeze while laying down, my lower abdomen shoots pain through me. I associate it with my hernia, but I'm not really sure if that is exactly what hurts. Just that it is in the same general area. This only occurs when I am pregnant, as well. I know, crazy signs, but that's me. Anyway, I was not surprised when I missed my period. Rob was not convinced until a week later, when I convinced him to let me take a pregnancy test. He was hoping I would be late. No, he's not against more, just was hoping that the Lord would let us wait another year. He's excited now. We were both baby hungry. Isaac is 2 1/2 and acting like a little boy now. Plus, he's also getting huge, and learning how to talk. Still loads of fun, just not a baby. We hope to have him potty trained before the baby comes.
So, I'm due on September 19th or 20th, depending on which website I use. I'm thinking that my doctor will say I'm due on the 19th, not that that will matter much. All of mine have been from 1 week to 3 weeks early, so I'm planning on having the baby by the 12th. Also, everyone wants to know if we want a boy or girl. Well, Rob doesn't care, he wants a surprise. Mary wants a girl. Robbie, Daniel and Isaac all want boys. I think I want a girl, but I think it's a boy. Why? Just because with all the boys, my morning sickness didn't start for a couple of weeks after I found out I was pregnant. With Mary, I was sick the day I missed my period. Not a good indicator, but it will do for now. We were talking about baby names, and are favoring the name 'Michael', so no one take that one. Haven't really decided on a girl name, but we have lots of ideas. It's just boy's names that are hard. We already used the ones we both like.
I guess that's it. Just hoping the time passes quickly. I hate the first few months of being tired and feeling queasy. Other than that, things are going great here. Mary and Isaac play really well at home and the boys are loving school, so all's good.
1 comment:
Congrats again!!! We are way excited for you! We like the name Michael too! The race is on! J/K!
Post a Comment