Well, I have to admit, when I got the sinus infection, due to the pregnancy, and then got morning sick, I wanted to go back in time and change my mind. This pregnancy has definitely been different. I should have realized that when my arms fell asleep before I even knew I was pregnant. It seems that my blood flow has increased much more than my other pregnancies, causing constant sinus headaches (continuing even after the big infection problem) and major indigestion. Of course, that's on top of the morning sickness and fatigue. Well, I was ready to fight back. I decided to sign up at the Y, and I forced myself to go three times a week. The first day, I enjoyed it so much, I didn't want to leave, expecially since they were also babysitting my kids. The second visit was even better, etc. I have now been going for almost three weeks, and I feel awesome. My energy levels are much much better, my nausea is sometimes nonexistent on the days I exercise, and my digestion is much better. Of course, this could be coincidence since I am now ending my first trimester and moving into the second. For my other pregnancies, I didn't feel better until week 20 (I'm ending week 13), so I'm attributing my success to the exercise. Besides, the days I don't exericise, I don't feel near as good, so I guess that's enough proof. I do still have an occosional mood swing (Rob absolutely hates my sad days, as I do) but I try to remember that it Will go away, and I Will be happy again. I can't wait until I'm well into second trimester, much more fit, and ready to play, play, play.
So, my fitness goals are...
1. this may sound silly, but I want to be able to do a pull up. They have a fun machine that helps push you up, and I am currently only pulling up 30 pounds. Doesn't sound like much when I realize how much I actually weigh, but, it's a start. I will, some day, soon, be able to pull up my entire weight.
2. run, run, run. I grew up a runner, and I really miss it. I feel like I'm trapped when I try to run, get five feet, and die. Running used to make me feel free. Some day, I will be able to run as fast as Robbie, and then faster, and longer. That's the goal.
3. have more energy. I used to work in a daycare, (pre-parenthood) and I played with the kids all day. Now, I play for a couple minutes, and then tell them to play with each other. How sad is that? I want my energy back. I want my kids to think of me as a fun mom, not a pooped mom.
Of course, these goals definitely won't come close to realization for several months after the baby is born, but, working out now will give me a head start, and keep me sane until then. And, I can work on muscle strength (I'm taking a circuit training class) and endurance, meanwhile. So, now that I've announced my plan to the world, I'm much more accountable to keep it up.
3 comments:
OH MY GOSH! So excited that you are pregnant! And with #5!? Holy cow! We're still working on #2! (Any tips?) And can I steal your goals? Those are awesome and perfect. Way to go! I have no doubt that you will achieve them and then some! I still remember our Rexburg days back when you were pregnant with number 1. Ahhh, those were the days, huh? Good times! Miss you tons! If you ever drive through Provo let me know and I'll give that belly a scan!
Love you!!!!! xoxoxoxo
Exercise is what helped me when I felt so sick and what still helps with my energy levels! Crazy huh? Making my body exercise gives me more energy! Good luck with the goals!
I seriously think that exercise is what helped me get through both pregnancies! It makes me emotionally feel better as well as physically. Also I think that it might help out with labor too. I'm glad that it is helping you too. Good luck!
Post a Comment