Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Got My Dishes Back

Whoo hooo!!!  I'm so excited!  I got my dishes back!  Where'd they go, you ask?  They got lost under a layer of mineral deposits.  Every time I emptied the dishwasher, more dishes had bit the dust.  In the past, I'd soak them in CLR, which worked, but is awfully expensive and chemically (if that's a word).  I tried soaking in vinegar before, but it didn't do near as good a job.  I tried pouring CLR in the dishwasher - DON'T DO IT.  It foams all up and is impossible to rinse.  I tried using a defoaming agent, which did work, but, I guess I still didn't put enough of the precious stuff in there to make a difference.  I even tried a a dishwasher cleaner, also expensive, which did clean the dishwasher, but you can't use with the dishes.  Well, yesterday I got fed up and dumped about a quart of vinegar in, after it had filled and was washing, and, voila, this morning when I went to empty the washer, WOW! was I surprised!  The knives were silver again, instead of chalky white.  The plastic dishes were restored to their original color, and the correll was smooth again.  Again,  Whoo hoooooo!!!  Cheap, and Easy.  Both words that I love.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cool! I'll have to try that! Mine aren't too bad but it's annoying to have that ugly white stuff on them.

To PRINT a picture, just click on the picture and a full size version will appear. Then, right click on it, and save to your computer.