A few weeks ago, we were able to visit my family for a family reunion. We were actually gone for three weeks, though one week of that was spent in the car, and it went by WAY too fast. I would have liked to have stayed for another week. We also visited Rob's mom for five days. That was the longest we have ever visited her, I think, so I brought my neice with me to help keep the kids entertained. She helped babysit, especially during the day, when Rob and his mom were gone, and I was tired. The main plan for bringing her, was that we would be able to go shopping and visit sites while Rob and his mom were working (Rob had a truck to fix), but, to foil my great plan, I accidentally left my drivers license home. Grr. That meant that we were stuck at his mom's all day. The kids always get restless by evening, when they've been in the same place all day. We visited the pool down the street, a lot, so that definitely helped. Rob's mom was a great hostess and took us out a lot, so that also helped. I wish we could have spent more time just sitting around the table playing games, together. It's too bad that our vacations now are mostly planned around the kids. It would be nice to go on vacation just for us, sometime.
The highlight of the first week, was the flooded back yard. The kids played for hours while I froze in the 60 degree weather. Crazy kids.
3 comments:
It was great to have you guys here! I wish that we could have spent more time with you! Looks like Cali was a lot of fun though!
Looks like you had fun in California! I like your new blog layout!
It was so fun to see you! :-)
Post a Comment